Our Ham Hall Group
Invocation.As many classmates have requested, here is Eileen Sypher's Invocation given at our Gala Dinner on Saturday night of Reunion. She is a Reverend and also a poet. She wrote this blessing for our 50th Reunion.
Music to know for Reunion
Our 50th Reunion is rapidly approaching, and we are all looking forward to seeing each other again, as well as celebrating with the graduating class of 2018. We have been building connections with them over these four years, and will be a part of welcoming them into the Alumnae Association, as well as sharing the Laurel Chain parade and ceremony.
We will be asked to sing both the Alma Mater (which I'm sure you remember!), and Bread and Roses, a song depicting the inherited concerns about the need to feed soul as well as body, which women have shared since the old Massachusetts mill workers. Apparently, this song has become a tradition at Mount Holyoke since the 1990's, and the Class of 2018 has asked that we join them in singing it. Below you will find the link to recordings of both, which you can review before May 17.
At the Memorial Service we will also be singing another MHC traditional song: The Good Night Song. The link to that recording is also included. There will be a chance to practice these Thursday at 2:30 in Buckland. We will have words available for all three songs, and sheet music for Bread and Roses and for The Good Night Song.
See you soon!
Mobby Brown Larson
Our class ability to communicate with you is very important. Please let us know if your Email address is changing!!
Please let us know your new email address so that we can continue sending you our quarterly class eblasts. Give your new email address to Kate Gombos '92, our Webmaster, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Allow a few weeks for this to take effect.
In order to update all databases, you will need to notify the Alumnae Association separately. You can update your info yourself BY CLICKING HERE. Alternatively, you can email Alumnae Information Services (email@example.com).
You can register and get into the dorm as early as Thursday, May 17. The reason is that it is our 50th Reunion and we have an event on that afternoon with our Connections Class of 2018, "Welcome New Alumnae!"
- Have never been to a Reunion.
- Always attend MHC Reunions.
- Have frequent flier miles that are expiring.
- Want to meet Acting President Sonya Stephens.
- Crave a new blue Mount Holyoke souvenir.
- Want to give our wonderful Class Scribe Eloise a hug.
- Want to congratulate Paula for giving us a presence in the digital world.
- Want Cindy to teach you how to ladder your CD's so you can earn interest and have them due when you need the cash.
- Plan to tour the Art Museum.
- Want to see the Chihuly sculpture in the library.
- Are a morning person and want to walk the Ecology trail at 7:00am Friday.
- Hear there are numerous meal choices at the new Community Center.
- Can't wait to see the technological changes at the library.
- Know the Back-to-Class programs will be interesting and thought provoking. It will be fun to be in a classroom and be able to take notes on your phone.
- Can't wait to meet the families of our '68 connections/sisters' Class of 2018.
- Want to hear about our connections class's MHC experience.
- Want to see the lovely campus again.
- Want to have fun exploring places that were important to you 50 years ago. Are they as different as you are now? Are they still partly the same?
- Can't wait to see old friends.
- Can't wait to meet folks from your class that you didn't know before.
- Can't wait to go to a 12-step meeting on campus. It is so great that the College has this now.
- Can't wait to see the GLBT house.
- Can't wait to visit the Greenhouse.
- Can't wait to see the changes in the gym.
- Can't wait to visit the Odyssey book store.
- Will be able to buy books written by classmates.
- Want to see if the "cat house" is still there. The what??
- Want to find our Class tree.
- Can't wait to see the Alumnae Laurel Parade costumes and Class colors again.
- Want to read the clever '68 signs in the Alumnae Laurel Parade.
- Want to see Mary Lyon's gravesite with the laurel chain draped around it.
- Want to join in singing our Alma Mater at the Alumnae Association Meeting.
- Want to present the members of the Class of 2018 with their red scarves.
- Wonder what the women in the Class of 2018 are like.
- Are curious to find out interesting things about people you didn't know before.
- Want to find out what is going on in the "Maker Space" studio.
- Want to meet the Class of 2018 recipients of the Karen Snyder Sullivan travel award.
- Do not want to miss this once-in-a-lifetime golden event!
- Know that your MHC volunteer work is done and now it's time to have some fun.
- Will have fun looking at all the things in the Memories Room.
- Will have fun doing milk and crackers with friends.
- Were personally invited by a classmate who is helping Arin's attendance outreach efforts.
- Prefer a single room - so you plan to register at 12:01pm on opening day of registration, March 1st, 2018.
- Can make a confidential request for financial assistance.
- Want to remember classmates who have "graduated to the larger life".
- Pledged to attend our 50th at our 45th in 2013.
- Want our Class to win the attendance prize now and at our 80th Reunion in 2048 when we will be centenarians.
- May not have another chance - tempus fugit!
- Know that it will be energizing and inspiring to be with a group of extraordinary and intelligent women.
- Are a member of the Class of '68 PerSisters for 50 years and counting!
Connections Classes - 2018 and 1968
Our gift to the Class of 2018, an American Yellowwood tree, is planted! Ceremony April 30, 2018
COLOR TO WEAR TO THE ALUMNAE PARADEJust a reminder!
At the Alumnae Parade on Saturday, May 19, please wear a WHITE outfit. This will be worn with the BLUE class color accessory that you will receive at registration when you arrive on campus. Do bring comfortable walking shoes.
In addition, all classmates are cordially invited to participate in the "Welcome New Alumnae" ceremony in which we give a scarf to each member of the Class of 2018. This takes place on Thursday, May 17, at 3:30 pm in Chapin. A brief rehearsal is scheduled for 2:30 pm in Buckland. For this event, be sure to wear something BLUE.
If you need more information, please email Debbie Dunn Rottenberg at firstname.lastname@example.org The countdown to our 50th Reunion has begun. We'll be together less than 60 days from now!
Eleven members of your 50th Reunion Planning Committee met on campus for the Volunteer Conference in September. They are Ann Belanger, Linda Renasco Cadigan, Toni Sailer Eisenhauer, Paula Braga Leidich, Susan Yeshilian Manaras, Margaret Boyd Meyer, Debora Dunn Rottenberg, Karen Kelly Taggart, Elizabeth Tannenbaum, Jamie Gardner Vernon, Karen Wilbur.
Touring the awesome new Community Center at Blanchard are (l to r) Reunion Co-Chair Linda Renasco Cadigan, President Paula Braga Leidich, Reunion Co-Chair Debbie Dunn Rottenberg, and 50th Reunion Connections Team member Meg Boyd Meyer. Eleven members of the 50th Reunion Planning team were at the Volunteer Conference on campus in September. Another member watched live streaming of the conference. Looking forward to seeing you at our 50th, May 18-20, 2018.